LGSEC Vision and Mission:
Local governments are a leading and innovative force in achieving energy and climate goals to create resilient and environmentally responsible communities across California.
The Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition catalyzes local government leadership and innovation through ongoing dialogue and action to enhance current roles and develop new roles for local government in California’s sustainable energy future. LGSEC provides a collective voice for its city, county and local agency members on statewide policy and program issues for sustainable energy, energy efficiency, local renewable power and related issues. LGSEC elevates the role of local governments in shaping California’s energy future implementation of innovation, regulatory intervention and action, coordination of local governments’ technical expertise, forums for networking, local and regional programs implementation, and development of local leadership.
LGSEC members receive:
- Strong representation before California regulatory agencies on critical energy and climate changes matters.
- Timely information, resources, and events that advance sustainable programs and practices.
- Trusted expert analysis and recommendations.
- Opportunities to learn and network with experts and peers from local energy and climate change programs across the state.
- Technical assistance to forge long-term strategies that will reduce their organization’s energy costs and bring renewable and clean energy to their community.
It would be challenging for any single local government to achieve this level of communication, representation, and innovation alone. By pooling resources, LGSEC has influenced outcomes of regulatory proceedings. As a united force, LGSEC leverages each person’s time and expertise efficiently and achieves far more than any city, county, or NGO could accomplish alone.
Your participation strengthens our capacity, expertise, and representation. Our network brings you into a strategic statewide effort to advance energy action and shape California’s regulatory landscape. Your membership dues help to support our staff time and project work, enabling us to further clean energy efforts across the state.
To find out more about membership benefits and fees, contact Sarina Soor at email@example.com